Sunday, 27 March 2016

A reintroduction

It's safe to say that I have failed miserably at starting up and maintaining a blog. I really enjoy writing, but soon after I began this blog, I started my PhD and that took up a big portion of my time, and required me to write quite a lot. It was a relief to come home and stay away from the keyboard, and so I ended up neglecting this blog.


I keep a diary of sorts, privately of course. I seldom write (ahem, type) in there these days but over the last seven years or so, I would usually write a thousands words or so every two or three weeks about things that had been happening, how I was feeling and what have you. It certainly serves its purpose as a second memory bank, as I quite often reread through old entries thinking to myself "oh yeah, I completely forgot about that!" whilst probably cringing, especially at the pre-university stuff anyway.

One of the main problems going through my mind when I think about coming back to the blog is "what the hell do I write about?" I mean sure I have a few interests here and there, but nothing enough that this blog could ever be focused on a particular area of interest. In a way, it would probably end up being like a second diary, and then I think to myself "what's the point?" However, in recent months my best friend Sarah has been blogging about various things such as kawaii items, mental health and photography, and it always makes me want to start blogging myself. So here we go again!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the mention :)

    I love your diary! It's an awesome piece of literature and it makes me wish so much that I had kept a diary throughout all those years of self-discovery, especially at uni! It would be fantastic if you were to write your blog as a 'second diary'.

    I love your writing style! Lookin' forward to reading more of your posts :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment! :D

      I'm glad you enjoy it like I do. Maybe one day I'll end up printing the whole thing and getting it bound. Right now, that's something else I need to catch up on too. I'm sure I'll have plenty to write about after our trip to Stockholm in May!

      Hope you enjoy my future posts! :)

      Delete